Train with The Bedfordshire Centre for Therapeutic Studies to become a CPCAB-qualified Level 2 Breath Coach:
Click here to apply for a place on the next training cohort, information on fees, and testimonials
Tutors: Kate Williams and Candy Dowson
Accreditation: Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body, Level 2
Qualifying for: 1-2-1 coaching, group work and integrating into current practice
Course length: 4 months
Our four-month online CPCAB Breathwork Coach Training is an ideal training to fit around your schedule. This course is a blend of 25-hrs of self-paced learning via an online portal and three Sundays via Zoom with your group. You will also benefit from a one-hour evening induction, and 2 tutor-led peer mentoring sessions to support your learning, confidence and skills practice.
This breathwork coach training will teach you over 20 breathing techniques that you will be able to teach to your clients: particularly beneficial to clients experiencing anxiety, depression and/or clients working through their trauma.
These breathing techniques are simple to learn yet extremely effective. They are safe and accessible and easy to remember.
You will learn:
1) Breath awareness and over 20 conscious breathing techniques
2) The anatomy of the breath
3) The benefit of the breath and breathing dysfunctions
4) The nervous system and it’s relation to the breath
5) Breathwork for hypo-arousal, calming and energising
6) Breathwork for regulating and maintaining homeostasis
7) Contra-indications for the different breathwork practices
8) Polyvagal theory and the breath as the golden key for mobilisation and vagal tone
9) Breathwork for anxiety, depression, trauma integration and other issues such as self-harm, bereavement and working with children. Including safety and grounding exercises
10) Observational skills to identify your client’s breathing patterns and dysfunctions, and assessment skills to identify needs and goals for the work
By the end of the course, you’ll feel confident in sharing a range of breathing exercises with your clients, confident in assessing breathing dysfunction and confident in tracking bodily responses. The live Zoom tutor sessions will be spent practicing, discussing and sharing experiences with your peers.
This training is tailored to those in the helping profession and wish to bring breathwork confidently into their current practice OR who wish to add Breath Coaching to their current ‘helping’ qualifications.
It will most suit:-
It is required that you already have your own insurance for your current profession and practice within an ethical framework of a relevant membership body.
If this field is completely new to you please contact Kate Williams direct at firstname.lastname@example.org to gain advice on what prior learning is required to undertake this course.
It is a requirement that you can take responsibility for your own learning and that you have worked through any past life events or traumas sufficiently to undertake an experiential course of this nature.